xsession manager

manny rosa manny_robot_freak at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 30 18:38:18 CEST 2003

I'm trying to use xsm as the session manager, but I
haven't been able to get it to work. When I log in
using gdm I set the session to xsession. My .xsession
file loads up .xinitrc. In .xinitrc i have ...

exec xsm -verbose

The xsm manual says to place all default commands in
.xsmstartup so I placed the commands to startup
xfce4...

xfce-mcs-manager
xfwm4 --daemon
xftaskbar4 &
exec xfce4-panel

But when I log in, since there are no saved sessions,
I could only choose "default" which is supposed to run
the commands in .xsmstartup, but all I get is the X
cursor. Any ideas?