Status of xfce 4
jasper at moongroup.com
Sat Mar 29 15:50:32 CET 2003
Here's my thoughts on the status of XFce 4. Is this anywhere near to
other people's impression?
* libraries: ready
* settings manager and plugins: ready
* xfwm4: ready
* panel: ready
* xfdesktop: I think releasable, unless we _really_ want a menu editor
* xffm: steam-rolling ahead, not entirely finished yet (?)
* xfce-utils: ready, apart from finishing the credits page in
* xfprint: haven't really tried it yet. Can't break much I guess,
so should be fine if it works as planned.
* xfibx: not even in CVS, but seems simple enough and doesn't seem to
break stuff. Would be nice to have, I think.
* documentation: Not finished by far. I think I would prefer to put all
documentation in a separate module. My feeling is that this will make
it easier to explain how the desktop environment as a whole is
supposed to work.
Did I miss anything?
More information about the Xfce4-dev