never mind - Re: xfce-mcs-manager build problem

Jonathan Gardner gardnerj at provide.net
Wed Mar 26 01:33:49 CET 2003

On Sunday, the 23th day of March, in the year of our Lord 2003, at 06:39
PM the esteemed person of letters, Joe Klemmer quoth:

JK> On Sun, 2003-03-23 at 18:16, Jonathan Gardner wrote:
JK>
JK> > I was stuck with a bad Makefile but once I manually deleted it and
JK> > the.in files as well just to be safe and got fresh ones from CVS it
JK> > worked fine. Don't know why the make distclean and make clean etc.
JK> > didn't work.
JK>
JK> 	Next time you can try the Joe Klemmer method of cleaning up...
JK>
JK> # rm -rf /
JK>
JK> You won't believe how clean your systems will be after that.  ;-)

I actually did start something once that was almost as bad. I learned of a
trick for deleting files older than a certain user specified date and
time. It was described as a quick easy way to get rid of  old /tmp files.
Once I did a small practice run and it seemed to work, I went to delete
all the files in /tmp older than a week or two. Unfortunately after I
started the process and realized that it was taking a while I noticed
that instead of typing /tmp, I had typed /usr. I stopped it and the system
wasn't dead but it was crippled until my next fresh install.

Jonathan

--
There are only 10 kinds of people in this world:
Those who understand binary and those who don't.