GTK 2.x deprecated functions

edscott wilson garcia edscott at imp.mx
Tue Mar 25 00:15:23 CET 2003

El lun, 24-03-2003 a las 16:19, Olivier Fourdan escribió:
> Hi Edscott,
>
> > I think that glade may or may not use some deprecated calls for building
> > the glade_gui.c file, but that should be no problem since those calls
> > should dissappear eventually. Otherwise, Almost all the gui elements
> > introduced are based on the new GtkTreeView widget, so that in the new
> > code only very few deprecated calls should have slipped through the
> > dragnet. With respect to old code, the properties.c file should be
> > checked since it is almost direct from xftree.
>
> Hummm, there was a bunch of deprecated functions all over the code and
> that was a *real* pain to fix it...
>
> I've added the missing flags (*DISABLE_DEPRECATED) so I could find the
> offending calls, and changed the Makefile.am while I was at it, then I
> carefully fixed the deprecated calls.
>
> I've removed xfdiff4 from the compile process (read the xfdiff4 subdir
> is not in the configure script anymore) because this one is really
> totally deprecated (it calls old gdk_font_* stuff) Someone will have to
> take care of this one, but right now, I'm too tired!

The gdk_font stuff is only necesary when pango doesn't work, like on my
FreeBSD-4.7 box. The hack goes this way: if the call to get pango font
information does not work right, then fall back to the deprecated gtk
fonts. I guess the proper thing to do would be to get pango working
right on my FreeBSD box. I'll try to fix it as soon as I get my CVS in
sync.

> The rest seems to be fixed anyway... It's big changes, so I wouldn't be
> surprised if some problems arise due to my modifications.

I'll look into the changes carefully when I get home. I also fixed a lot
of bugs on Friday and Saturday so that this is a must to bring in my
changes too. Among other things I removed at_path() calls and made the
applications folder display the caption element for the drawer elements.
All of the comments you made previously are fixed, except for the mixing
of char and gchar types. Since this issue is not critical (as you noted
char==gchar) it can be fixed gradually.

saludos,

Edscott
.