GTK 2.x deprecated functions

Olivier Fourdan fourdan at xfce.org
Mon Mar 24 23:19:11 CET 2003

Hi Edscott,

> I think that glade may or may not use some deprecated calls for building
> the glade_gui.c file, but that should be no problem since those calls
> should dissappear eventually. Otherwise, Almost all the gui elements
> introduced are based on the new GtkTreeView widget, so that in the new
> code only very few deprecated calls should have slipped through the
> dragnet. With respect to old code, the properties.c file should be
> checked since it is almost direct from xftree.

Hummm, there was a bunch of deprecated functions all over the code and
that was a *real* pain to fix it...

I've added the missing flags (*DISABLE_DEPRECATED) so I could find the
offending calls, and changed the Makefile.am while I was at it, then I
carefully fixed the deprecated calls.

I've removed xfdiff4 from the compile process (read the xfdiff4 subdir
is not in the configure script anymore) because this one is really
totally deprecated (it calls old gdk_font_* stuff) Someone will have to
take care of this one, but right now, I'm too tired!

The rest seems to be fixed anyway... It's big changes, so I wouldn't be
surprised if some problems arise due to my modifications.

Take care,
--
Olivier Fourdan <fourdan at xfce.org>
http://www.xfce.org