The third mouse button...

Jasper Huijsmans jasper at moongroup.com
Wed Mar 19 16:56:54 CET 2003

On Wed, 19 Mar 2003 09:37:45 -0600
"Philip Dean" <pdengineer at myrealbox.com> wrote:

> Just out of curiosity, is there a reason XFce4 does not use the center
> (third) mouse button at all?  I know there was some conversation
> regarding assigning menus that popup on the desktop.  If I may, I have
> another request that I don't think should be too difficult.
>
> As it is, there is a setting for the action that triggers with a
> double click on the title bar.  Would it be possible to add an action
> for a middle (third) button click?  It is nice being able to double
> click to maximize the window and also middle click to shade it.  It
> seems it would be natural to assign actions to both left and center
> clicks and not just the left.
>
> This is just by two cents.  For the way I use my DE it is very much
> missed in XFce4.

Middle click sends a window to the bottom of the window stack. Very
useful if you have a big window covering others. Right click shows the
window menu, left click sets focus and raises the window. You can
shade/unshade a window using the mouse scroll wheel (if available).
These are all rather sensible choices IMO.

	Jasper