Best way to update CVS install?

Benedikt Meurer Benedikt.Meurer at unix-ag.uni-siegen.de
Mon Mar 17 18:55:54 CET 2003

On Mon, 17, Mar 2003, Peder wrote:

Hello Peder,

> > There are more powerful packaging systems
>
>  Yupp, that's the problem. If I compile my own emacs I really
>  don't want to have to learn RPM or APT to have some control
>  over my files. No, give me that 14279 byte stow perl script and
>  I'll be happy as a kite.

I was speaking about powerful packaging systems, not about RPM or
APT :)

>  And hey; if there's enough room in a distro's base install to
>  have perl, sure you could squeeze in a measley 14k prog :)

Who said, that perl belongs into the base systems?

>  Disclamer: I'm in no way affilliated with stow, I just happen to like
>  it. And most of the friends I've shown it to think it's really nifty.

Disclaimer: I'm not against stow, APT or RPM in general, but I dislike
the idea of having a simple base system install with more than 300MB
(everything above is junk).

regards,
Benedikt

    -- Henry Spencer