OT: DNS problems (was: Re: xfwm4 changes)

Joe Klemmer klemmerj at webtrek.com
Tue Mar 11 15:20:51 CET 2003

On Sun, 9 Mar 2003, Jasper Huijsmans wrote:

> > I've now committed the changes I've done on xfwm4 for the past 3 or 4
> > days of intensive work (really, that was intensive, thus the bad mood
> > :)
>
> You mean you can connect to SF? I haven't been able to reach them all
> day. That goes for the SF website as well as CVS.
>
> Maybe it doesn't like me? :(

	There is a serious dns problem on the 'net as a whole.  For the
last two plus weeks dns as a service has been unbelievably unstable.  I,
and others, have seen sites drop off the net like yahoo and google.
There's no rhyme or reason to the failures either.  A site will disappear
for a little while then return.  This is happening on very disparate
networks, too.  I've seen it on Verio, AT&T, some of the cable net's and
even the NIPRNET.  I haven't seen anything mentioned on it but I believe
that is because most people are thinking this is only a localized burp of
their dns and haven't put it together with any one else.  I've seeing it
because I am on so many geographically and logically separated networks.

--
Farewell neighbor.  Thank you for giving us a safe place for so many
years.