Feature requests and bugs. (a lot of)

edscott wilson garcia edscott at imp.mx
Mon Mar 10 17:05:44 CET 2003

El vie, 07-03-2003 a las 23:34, Väinö Järvelä escribió:
> Hello,
>

> I just decided to quickly test run XFCE4. This is a list of what i would
> like to see fixed and added to XFCE. I won't be using XFCE because it
> doesn't "yet" do everything i wish it to.. but maybe i will someday :)
>
> Be warned that i didn't have time to go through your mailing-list
> archives so there may be duplicates. Sorry.. really, i am.
>

> Bugs:
> - In XFFM when SMB Network doesn't find Master Browser, it should stop

OK. (It's currently work in progress, temporarily suspended for a
rewrite of the mcs-plugin).

> - Is there a way to setup SMB-support? How to use username&password for
>   SMB?

That will be an option for the mcs-plugin, so that you will be able to
set it from the mcs-manager.

> - In XFFM when i open "Book" and i have entries in it but still the
>   "drag+drop info" flashes by.
Point taken.
> - In XFFM when there is 0 elements in tree, don't add "null path!".
>   Leave it empty.
Point taken.
> - I didn't wait and see, but does XFFM->Fstab timeout if it gets stuck
>   on a mount?

Actually, the stop button should be active, and (in theory) the mount
command can be zapped if it get's stuck (it's a separate process)
returning control to xffm.

> - Why can i write in XFFM:s error log?

I'm supposing that you mean the diagnostics window. Why would you want
to write there? You can drag and drop to it or use button 2 to make the
full path of any file be written to it.

> - File context menu should be restructured in XFFM. File operations
>   should be the default menu under the cursor when you popup the menu.
>   And please, add remove/delete in the menu.

The popup menus are scheduled for a remake, but after SMB stuff is fully
functional since this needs to be taken into account for the final popup
menu system.

<snip>

> - XFFM: Use MIME-types for application support.

Actually, it does use MIME-types for icons (but the format is XML). In
the future the program registration module (see xffm/libs/reg.c) will be
replaced by a MIME-types, also in XML. This will probably take a while
to happen, unless someone steps in to contribute time and code...

Edscott