iconbox (xfibx), wheelmouse...

Biju Chacko biju_chacko at vsnl.net
Thu Mar 6 05:12:55 CET 2003

On Thu, 2003-03-06 at 08:18, manny rosa wrote:
> I just wanted to say the xfce4 is awesome! I got a
> wheelmouse days before the function was implemented in
> xfce4. Neat stuff! xffm is coming along quite nicely.

Hmmm ... I should get a wheelmouse.

OTOH, I don't like xffm. Nothing personal Edscott, I don't like *any*
file manager that doesn't work like Norton Commander. :-) So, Nautilus,
gmc, konqueror and rox all suck too. ;-)

> Here are my 2 cents...
>
> It would be nice to be able to control the position of
> the iconbox (top, bottom, etc) similar to the taskbar.

IIRC, Jasper is planning to remove that feature, in favour of having the
panel "attracted" to certain positions. I guess it would be nice if
xfibx does the same.

> When aligning the panel, maybe it could be set to
> stick to the bottom/top and grow upward/downward. I
> could drag it there, but...

I'm not sure what you mean by this ... ?

> What about supporting user plugins. Like having a
> ~/.xfce4/plugins/ or something where users can stick
> their iconbox and other plugings that will come about
> instead of having to "su" and copy them into /usr...

I think this was supported from day one. It's just that there aren't any
third party plugins to make use of this feature yet.

-- b