mcs failing to load plugins

Benedikt Meurer Benedikt.Meurer at unix-ag.uni-siegen.de
Wed Mar 5 15:24:17 CET 2003

On Wed, 05, Mar 2003, edscott wilson garcia wrote:

> Ok. So now I did it in FreeBSD 4.7 and everything works dandy. Main
> difference between rh-8 and fBSD4.7? Libtool. RH-8 is on libtool 1.4.2
> which (it has been noted by Benny) is quite flawed and FBSD is on 1.4.3
> which Olivier has mentioned he using. So an upgrade to 1.4.3 might be
> necesary. If this is to be confirmed, the configure script for
> xfce-mcs-manager should require >= 1.4.3 to work. Any confirmations?

We've standardized on libtool 1.4a (1.641.2.255 2001/05/22 10:39:30), which
works for everyone fine (except you two), so it cannot be a libtool problem.
Besides that: libtool 1.4.3 is known to cause problems on many plattforms
(e.g. Solaris), so we should stay with a stable and well-tested version.

> Edscott

regards,
Benedikt

    -- Henry Spencer