iconbox (xfibx)

Benedikt Meurer Benedikt.Meurer at unix-ag.uni-siegen.de
Tue Mar 4 19:47:41 CET 2003

On Tue, 04, Mar 2003, Voicu Liviu wrote:

> > > I think who want to use gnome or kde is ok, but stop adding uneeded
> > > stuff...lett keep xfce4 clean and fast
> >
> > As long as you can choose which module is loaded and which one not it's ok
> > by me.
>
> Yeah, It's ok by me too, but this in this way people will add and add
> and add...ya know, at the end we will have ....xfcekde :-)
> I tried them all, flux, kde, gnome...but xfce made me happy, fast like
> fluxbox and usable like gnome ( thank God, still not bloated like other
> wms )

First thing to remember: Xfce is not just a window manager, its a desktop
environment. IIRC it was ment to be a free replacement for CDE, which in
turn is a very usable and very complete working environment, so I guess
it won't hurd Xfce, if its more "complete". Xfce should include anything
possible, as long as it'll a) improve the working experience, b) doesn't
slow down things unnecessary and c) Oliver likes it :-).

regards,
Benedikt

    -- Henry Spencer