start menu request (Was: Re: reporting for duty)

Benedikt Meurer benedikt.meurer at student.uni-siegen.de
Sun Jun 29 20:54:35 CEST 2003

On Sun, Jun 29, 2003 at 08:38:32PM +0200, Olivier Fourdan wrote:
> Well, some clarification is required here :)
> If we can use the standard in a way that doesn't change the way stuff
> work in xfce panel, then yes, 100% agree.
> What I'm totally against, is making the panel a KDE or GNOME panel
> clone.

I think, you got me wrong. I want to keep the way the panel works
(e.g. not the windows-like "Start"button panel), but it would make
things easier if we do not store stuff in a single xml file, but adopt
the menu spec for the backend.

Simple example:

	.../XFce/Panel/
	.../XFce/Panel/1stMenu/
	.../XFce/Panel/1stMenu/Terminal.desktop
	.../XFce/Panel/1stMenu/Filemanager.desktop

... or similar. We should discuss the details when it becomes
on-topic.

Hope you get me right now :)

> Cheers,
> Olivier.