xfwm4 window mapping

edscott wilson garcia edscott at imp.mx
Sat Jun 28 15:17:30 CEST 2003

Hi Olivier,

On Sat, 2003-06-28 at 01:45, Olivier Fourdan wrote:
> Edscott,
>
> Humm, I see no problem here. that's the way it works (even in other WM,
> including xfce3)
>
> It seems you're being confused with desktops and viewports (according to
> the definitions from the freedesktop.org:
> http://www.freedesktop.org/standards/wm-spec/1.3/html/x27.html)

Ah, that explains it. The "wrap workspaces when the pointer reaches the
screen edge" functions gave me the impression that the desktops were
separate portions of a single viewport. A kind of virtual screen
resolution without panning. Obviously not the case.

You make it difficult to find bugs in xfwm4 ;-)

regards,

Edscott