Current update state of play.

BluPhoenyx quazar at dcnet2000.com
Wed Jun 25 20:25:36 CEST 2003

On Thu, 26 Jun 2003 00:21:54 +0800
Russ Pitman <rjp at belle.apana.org.au> wrote:

> I was going to bellyache about sourceforge but its free and i guess
> they do the best they can.

Based on the stats in their latest mailing they do pretty well considering the amount of projects/users/traffic. This is why it's in a projects best interest to post files where they can be easily mirrored. CVS is great when you are contributing or beta testing software but it's can be tedious when a lot of users try and access the same CVS a lot.

(quote from SF mailing:)
One of our biggest challenges in managing SourceForge.net has been handling our growth.  With approximately 70 new Open Source Projects and 700 new registered users being added to the site each day, it can be quite a trick trying to stay ahead of the curve.
(end of quote)

Mike T.