Current update state of play.

Russ Pitman rjp at belle.apana.org.au
Wed Jun 25 18:21:54 CEST 2003

Getting xfce4 is a bit like extracting teeth from a 'salty' before you
shoot him.

(1) Update-xfce's homepage looks dull and prints fine, may I suggest using
a pale color background.

(2) The new update-xfce script is probably ok also. Thanks Nestu.!
	(see below)

(3) For those wanting to 'get it all' is it practical/possible to have a
.tgz bundle with both the xfce4 and the -extras combined. or am I missing
something?.

(4) This evening I have pulled down Three (3) times from CVS "update-xfce
-A"
Each time the download stops at,
'U xfce4-extras/xfwm-themes/themes-xfce/topright-inactive.xpm' :-) I hope.

There is no error message, the bloody download just hangs.
If the script had failed I would have expected some error msg.

(5) I've followed xfce since Chuck started promoting it on the 'mailhelp'
list. I like it. Without you who would we grumble to/about?

It's late and the tide is low in the bottle.
I was going to bellyache about sourceforge but its free and i guess they do
the best they can.

Thanks to all involved.
-
Cheers