Issues with xfwm4 and xawtv.

Olivier FOURDAN fourdan.olivier at wanadoo.fr
Wed Jun 25 13:36:07 CEST 2003

Jason,

> Unfortunetly, it didn't. Beta2 suffers from the same problem. Is there any
> debugging or other information I could provide that would be of any help?
>
> The only problem is that xfwm doesn't center the display, and stays at the
> origin (0,0)--leaving me looking at a corner of my capture card's output.

Again, I don't have the hardware to find out why XawTV doesn't behave correctly.

As for not centering the output window, well, it's not xfwm4 job anyway. xfwm4 place the top level window at (0,0) and set its size to the screen size and then inform tha application that it has switched to fullscreen mode. What the application does based on these informations is beyond the scope of the window manager.

XawTV probably expects some other event... But I don't know what.

Cheers,
Olivier.