usability in panel and xffm: pre-selected texts

edscott wilson garcia edscott at imp.mx
Tue Jun 24 17:25:43 CEST 2003

El mar, 24-06-2003 a las 08:42, Bernhard Walle escribió:
> Hello,
>
> I recognized that there are some cases of pre-selected (or should I call
> it pre-marked) texts. One case is the "Add starter" dialog of the panel,
> one other the "Go to" dialog in xffm.
>
> The disadvantage is that it destroys primary X selection and I cannot
> paste the text I marked before. For example I want to paste an path from
> xterm to xffm, so I have to call "go to", then unselect, then select in
> xterm and finally paste.

That is not good.

> Because gtk text filed have the Ctrl-u shortcut for deleting the whole
> text I think that pre-selecting text is not necessary.

I did not know about ctrl-U. It certainly is usefull. Problem is that
it's not working in xffm because ctrl-U is an accelerator for
"unselect". I've got the same problem with the delete key not working in
the input box because it's a accelerator for "remove" of main menu. If
you can figure out how to make these keys work in the input entry and
not lose their accelerator properties I would greatly appreciate it.
Further, there would be no reason for the text being selected by
default.

regards,

Edscott