usability in panel and xffm: pre-selected texts

Bernhard Walle Bernhard.Walle at gmx.de
Tue Jun 24 15:42:25 CEST 2003

Hello,

I recognized that there are some cases of pre-selected (or should I call
it pre-marked) texts. One case is the "Add starter" dialog of the panel,
one other the "Go to" dialog in xffm.

The disadvantage is that it destroys primary X selection and I cannot
paste the text I marked before. For example I want to paste an path from
xterm to xffm, so I have to call "go to", then unselect, then select in
xterm and finally paste.

Because gtk text filed have the Ctrl-u shortcut for deleting the whole
text I think that pre-selecting text is not necessary.

Regards,
Bernhard