gettext version [Was: Re: japanese translation fail]

Benedikt Meurer Benedikt.Meurer at unix-ag.uni-siegen.de
Sun Jun 22 22:41:06 CEST 2003

On Sun, 22, Jun 2003, Olivier Fourdan wrote:

> And why not 0.12.1 ?
> http://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/gettext/gettext-0.12.1.tar.gz
> It's about a month old.

As I already said, I only know that 0.11.5 works. But as it seems to be
the preferred version (NetBSD pkgsrc has it, FreeBSD/OpenBSD ports aswell
and gentoo too), I think it should be ok to stay with it, unless theres
a good reason to upgrade.

A side note: The most important reason for me to prefer the versions that
are in NetBSD pkgsrc, is that they are well tested on all plattforms
supported by pkgsrc (atleast NetBSD, FreeBSD, OpenBSD, Solaris, Linux and
IRIX, more to come). Therefore it is garantied that it works on atleast
these plattforms, and portability is an important point with XFce, atleast
in my opinion. (Just my 2 cents)

> Cheers,
> Olivier.

Benedikt