mcs-manager plugin dev question

Matthew Weier OPhinney matthew-lists at weierophinney.net
Fri Jun 20 18:05:46 CEST 2003

How does one go about creating settings manager plugins? Do they need to
be written in any specific language (C?)? If not, how do you register
the plugin with the settings manager?

Basically, I've got applications from disparate sources, and I would
like to be able to put launchers for their settings in the settings
manager. It seems like all that *should* need to happen is for the settings
manager to have an icon that launches the appropriate program, but it
looks like this isn't exactly the case.

As examples: I have a program that can be used to set the backdrop for
my ROX-Filer pinboard, complete with GUI; I might want to be able to
place an icon for xfprint-manager here; an app to select which
screensaver to use (or to launch the xscreensaver setup dialog).

Basically, I want to know if the mcs-manager has a way of binding system
commands to an icon.

--
Matthew Weier O'Phinney
http://weierophinney.net/matthew/