Issues with xfwm4 and xawtv.

Jason C. Hammons jch at nerdfest.org
Fri Jun 20 12:06:32 CEST 2003

Hi,

Thank you for the work on XFce. I've recently started using XFce and
I love it--it's everything I'm looking for: simple, fast, and pleasing to
the eye.

Parenthetically, I'm using the first beta release of XFce4. Also, I don't
use xffm, xfdesktop, or xftoolbar (leaving only xfpanel and xfwm).

When using xawtv in fullscreen mode to get output from my capture card,
xfwm4 doesn't perform ideally. When xawtv goes to fullscreen, all xawtv does
it change the resolution to 640x480 (or 800x600, depending on the output of
capture card), and centers the video from the capture card.

As it stands, when xawtv goes to fullscreen the only thing that is visible
is a black screen with a part of my capture card's output in the bottem left
corner. Is it xfwm4's duty to center the display, or is there another issue
at hand? Is this a bug, or a feature that wouldn't be implemented until
4.2?

Any information is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jason