SourceForge CVS servers out of sync?

Jeffrey Blank goofee at adelphia.net
Tue Jun 17 04:05:47 CEST 2003

Benny,

The other day I couldn't ge on SF so I went and checked there status and found out that they are working on 'upgrading' there servers but until that is finished, anonymous access will be handled by there backup servers which are approx. 24 hrs. behind.  I don't remember what they said about the view stuff but I think that was to be to the backups as well.  Supposedly this is to lighten the load on the main servers.  I think they said sometime july/augus for it to be finished.  Here is th full blurb from SF:

(2003-06-13 08:17:23)   The SourceForge.net team is aware of the continued performance issues afflicting project CVS services. While a portion of the work needed to alleviate these issues has been completed, we are currently waiting for the implementation of new hardware to complete this work; this is expected to occur in the month of August. In the mean time, the following steps will be taken by SourceForge.net staff: developer (SSH) CVS access will not be changed; pserver-based CVS access from the project shell servers (i.e. from cron jobs) will not be changed, but the overall cap of pserver connections from the shell will be lowered to a more reasonable level; pserver-based CVS access from external hosts (i.e. not the project shell server) will be served against the backup CVS server, which contains data roughly 24 hours older than that on the primary CVS server; ViewCVS access will be provided using the backup CVS server (data shown by ViewCVS may be older than the current data in the repository). These changes will be transparent to users and will not require any configuration changes on your part. These measures are temporary and will be removed pending the successful completion of our work to improve performance on the primary CVS server. It is our expectation that offloading ViewCVS services and pserver-based CVS access to the backup CVS server will bring developer CVS performance back to a reasonable level. Should you have questions or concerns regarding this matter, please contact the SourceForge.net team by submitting a Support Request.

http://sourceforge.net/docman/display_doc.php?docid=2352&group_id=1#cvs

Hope this helps...

Jeff