Core Analysis

edscott wilson garcia edscott at imp.mx
Mon Jun 16 23:34:34 CEST 2003

El lun, 16-06-2003 a las 16:01, Craig A. Betts escribió:
> edscott wilson garcia wrote:
> > Solaris is very picky about stdio functions with NULL or uninitialized
> > variables. The line that croaks is:
> > g_snprintf(caption, sizeof(caption), "%s: %s",tl->options.tooltip, s);
> >
> > Probably tl->options.tooltip is not a valid memory location. My guess is
> > that the triggerlauncher in question has no tooltip defined, and when tl
> > is allocated, options.tooltip is not initialized to "" (initializing to
> > NULL will cause a crash in Solaris).
> >
> > If you define a tooltip when adding the triggerlauncher does it crash as
> > well?
> >
> > Edscott
> >

> It doesn't even get that far.  The crash happens when I try to add the
> two-state-launcher to the panel.  The panel dissappears for about two
> seconds and then reappears when I perform this action.

Looking at the code, tl->options.tooltip is initialized to NULL, which
should crash Solaris 9 out of 9 times.

replace line 167 of triggerlauncher.c with this one, and see what
happens:
g_snprintf(caption, sizeof(caption), "%s:
%s",(tl->options.tooltip)?tl->options.tooltip:" ", s);

If it still crashes, do a backtrace to see where else printf is getting
a NULL string.

regards,

Edscott