Howto release (suggestions)

Biju Chacko biju_chacko at vsnl.net
Mon Jun 16 14:37:03 CEST 2003

On Mon, 16 Jun 2003 11:41:19 +0200, Benedikt Meurer wrote:

>  Opinions?

Hmmm ... we're looking at a 6 day cycle for release. I think thats ok
for production releases but I don't think it's acceptable for beta and
pre- releases.

During the beta period we need to push fixes out ASAP. Having untested
fixes or reports of fixed bugs doesn't help us IMO. I would like to see
beta releases every 7-14 days.

Production releases should happen every only couple of months, so a more
comprehensive release cycle is appropriate.

Finally, we need a Release Manager who has final responsibility for
releases. There is a danger otherwise that people will assume that
"someone else will do it" and tasks will slip through the cracks.

-- b