XFce Release Team

Benedikt Meurer benedikt.meurer at student.uni-siegen.de
Mon Jun 16 00:08:24 CEST 2003

Hello,

We are looking for people who are willing to form an XFce Release Team.
This is to have the developers get some more free time during the
release days (BETAs, RCs and final releases). It would be nice if some
of you would like to join the Release team. I think 3-5 people would be
ok.

The Release Team would do the following things:

1) test the release for one or two days (compiling and running on
various machines)
2) plan the announcements and prepare the announcement texts (and yes,
we only want *one* freshmeat announcement)
3) making packages for various distributions (and notifying package
maintainers, e.g. NetBSD, FreeBSD and Debian maintainers (Martin are
you still with us?), of the new release)
4) send the release announcements and do advertising
5) enjoy with the rest of us and be proud to be part of such a great
project :-)

So, if thought of how to contribute to XFce without doing programming
task, heres your chance ;-)

Benedikt

--
NetBSD operating system:                         http://www.NetBSD.org/