What to do with CVS

Jasper Huijsmans jasper at moongroup.com
Thu Jun 5 22:01:43 CEST 2003

Hey,

It just occurred to me that we also still have to decide what to do with
our CVS. I guess it doesn't necessarily have to be before the beta, but
it certainly hope it can be before the 4.0 release.

Some issues:

* Do we stay on SourceForge? I hope we can take up Chuck on his offer to
host our CVS.

* Olivier and I briefly discussed if we could perhaps use subversion
instead of CVS (see http://subvsersion.tigris.org and
http://svnbook.red-bean.com/html-chunk/). I would like to try and use
it, but that depends very much on whether it is at all possible on
the server and if it won't cause too much problems for Chuck. What is
the status of this idea?

* Move sources from xfce-devel. I supose a new xfce4/ directory is as
good a choice as any.

* Perhaps we should start using CVS branches better, like benny
suggested. So we make a <module>_4_0 branch for fixes on the stable
release, while we continue 4.1.x development on HEAD.

	Jasper