Comments on the current build...

Philip Dean pdengineer at myrealbox.com
Thu Jun 5 04:53:14 CEST 2003

Hello to all!

I checked out the CVS yesterday and just got it compiled and running.  I have been watching the progress since my last checkout in Feb.  I must say, this is AWESOME!  I did notice some details that I thought I would mention...

1. The Run Program dialog box has a very small issue.  It auto completes from its history.  If I run the command  /home/phild/xsmb it runs xsmb.  Now, there is no way for me to run the command /home/phild/Xsmb.  This could be a different file, but it always replaces it with the first command.  Ignoring the capital 'X'.

2. The two-state trigger:  this may be a feature request so you are free to ignore this.  Would it be possible to have two commands.  One that runs with the launcher is clicked on and a second that is run if the launcher is clicked off.  That way you could run a program and then kill it.  Or as I would use it for, running the ppp-on and ppp-off script. (still on dial up)

3. This is really a small one.  I am now using the iconbox and am really like what it adds.  However, is there a way to set the level?  As it is, it is always on top.  I am sure I am in the minority, but I don't use the margines and like the active window to be on top - of everything. Like I said, this is minor.

Okay, with those said.  I would like to state again how much I love this environment.  It makes me wish I could code well enough to work on some of the ideas and plugins I have wandering around in my head.  This has been a wonderful experience to see such quality of a project form right before my email!  :o)

Keep up the GREAT work!

Philip Dean

-=+=-
They say if your PC isn't working reboot...
Hummm.... I haven't rebooted in months!!
-=+=-
Using Linux since 11/99 | http://www.linux.org
Linux user #240138 | http://counter.li.org/
Linux-Mandrake | http://www.linux-mandrake.com