user interface mcs -- not making theme switch

Matthew Weier OPhinney matthew-lists at weierophinney.net
Mon Jun 2 00:03:57 CEST 2003

-- Olivier Fourdan <fourdan at xfce.org> wrote
(on Sunday, 01 June 2003, 09:51 PM +0200):
> Only one xsetting server can run at a time. You just cannot use
> rox-session along with the theme plugin in xfce4.

Actually, I'm not using rox-session -- but you still answered my
question. I've been using gnome-session as a session manager, and I
*had* been using xsm before that; this was probably why the xfce4 plugin
stopped working for me.

Could an alert be put into the plugin stating that if another xsetting
server (and give examples like ROX-Session and GNOME session manager)
is running, this option will not work?

Even better would be to detect if one is running... ;-) Wish I knew C
and/or C++...

--
Matthew Weier O'Phinney
matthew at weierophinney.net