Future of XFce3

Chris de Vidal cdevidal at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 1 23:04:25 CEST 2003

--- Olivier Fourdan <fourdan at xfce.org> wrote:
> > And I mentioned on this list a Xinerama problem I didn't have with 3.
>
> Did you enable xinerama in libxfcegui4 ?
>
> ./configure --prefix=.... --sysconfdir=.... --enable-xinerama

As I asked in an email I sent a few minutes ago, how can I tell?  I installed
via a Debian package.  Xinerama seems to be working (windows maximize to their
own monitor correctly).  Do I download the Debian source and inspect it, or is
there a flag somewhere?

> > * You probably chose to do this as a feature so people could install just
> what
> > they wanted.  But a one-package install was quite convenient.
>
> It's mostly convenient for us, as we don't have to make a full release
> when a bug is fixed in a single package.

Makes sense.  I'll deal with it, especially if it helps you be more productive.

> > Please keep XFCE3 somewhere on your website, too.
>
> That's planned.

Art Wildman and Gene Cronk have always said you're excellent!

=====
/dev/idal
"GNU/Linux is free freedom" --Me