Windows getting permanent sticky on top state

Ric fhj52ads at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 30 10:07:43 CEST 2003

--- Bernhard Walle <Bernhard.Walle at gmx.de> wrote:
> On Wed, 30 Jul 2003 at 07:36 (+0200), Olivier Fourdan wrote:
> >
> > The applications set the state "modal" on its dialog so xfwm4 puts
> it on
> > top of all others. I can change xfwm4 to keep modal dialogs at the
> same
> > level as the others....
>
> Hm, I think modal dialogs should be on top of the application. The
> current behaviour of xfce in general is correct.

Agreed. But a dialog should not be on top of every other application on
every workspace and even cover/hide new *child* windows originating
from that modal dialog.
In any event, IMHO, if the "Raise on Focus" and the "New window focus"
are both selected/checked, then that is what should happen, regardless
of what the application requests.  In my view, a user setting is a
demand, not a request, and  should always get priority.

> Regards,
> Bernhard

=====
Have A Great Day!

Ric
***
Mondale knew this was gonna be a bad day when he called Dial-a-Prayer and the taped message answered him by name.
 -- Bob Hope, 1903-2003