Windows getting permanent sticky on top state

Ric fhj52ads at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 30 09:17:08 CEST 2003

--- Olivier Fourdan <fourdan at xfce.org> wrote:
> Ric,
>
> The applications set the state "modal" on its dialog so xfwm4 puts it on
> top of all others. I can change xfwm4 to keep modal dialogs at the same
> level as the others....

Would that cause any such window to obey the settings specified in the
Settings manager/WM/focus widget?   Seriously, I do not know the end effect...

BTW, I ran this again a few times ... and found out that when that kpresenter
" Configure " window opened, this message was *sometimes* generated:

QComboBox::setCurrentItem: (unnamed) Index 40 out of range

but, like I said, that message does not always appear, yet the window is
always sticky on top everywhere.
Galeon 1.2.5 has a similar problem: after using "fullscreen" and returning to
normal window size, that window is always on top for that workspace and no
other window on that workspace can be raised above it; any new windows open
below it.  The only way I have found to 'fix' it is to close and restart
galeon.  Since that is an old galeon, I have not reported it before as the
newer ones may not exhibit that behaviour.

> Olivier.
>
> On Wed, 2003-07-30 at 05:15, Ric wrote:
> > Hi all:
> >
> > While testing XFce4 (cvs) here, I tried kpresenter(version 1.2) today to
> see
> > how fullscreen presentations would work with Xfce4.  I attempted to change
> the
> > default font  in the  " Settings/Configure KPresenter/Document/Document
> > defaults "  and the  "Select font - KPresenter"  window widget  *opened
> > underneath*  the "Configure KPresenter" window and was hidden from view.
> It
> > could not be raised.
> >
> > I checked some other aps and the  "Configure KPresenter"  window is always
> > permanently stuck on top on all workspaces.  No aps ever get raised or can
> be
> > raised above it.
> >
> > I have had something similar to this with some other aps(i.p., Galeon
> 1.2.5)
> > in previous XFce4 but not in other DE's.  I thought that it might just be
> > gtk+-2.0.6 but I cannot get it to repeat anywhere but in XFce4. :(
> >
> > ICYAW, yes, my 'Settings' demand auto focus new, and  raise on focus and
> even
> > click to raise but none of them work to raise any other window above the
> > window that got the sticky on top state.  Changing the settings and/or
> theme
> > does not help.
> >
> > Will somebody else try and verify this?

=====
Have A Great Day!

Ric
***
Mondale knew this was gonna be a bad day when he called Dial-a-Prayer and the taped message answered him by name.
 -- Bob Hope, 1903-2003