[Fwd: Bug on Solaris 8 ?]

Oliver Schweissgut oliver.schweissgut at os-network.de
Tue Jul 29 14:27:44 CEST 2003

Hello,

I did some testing:
1. SunPCi works fine with CDE
2. No errors in the logs
3. with XFce but without xfwm4 it works fine. But without wm it's no fun :-)

4. I start XFce, then kill the xfwm4 and start SunPCi. => works fine but
without wm.
Now I start the xfwm4 and I get the following message:
bash-2.03$ xfwm4
Xlib:  extension "RENDER" missing on display ":0.0".
Arithmetic Exception (core dumped)

After all, after killing SunPCi I can start xfwm4 with following message:
bash-2.03$ xfwm4
Xlib:  extension "RENDER" missing on display ":0.0".

On the screen there is only the background image.
I have to kill xfce4-panel.

It looks like only the overlay image from the SunPCi causes the error.
With no hd-imagefile attached, SunPCi does start and show a dialog.

> Sunsolve shows a patch for SunPCI 1.3 (110762-04).  Looks like it update
> some of the Windows drivers as well.
For 110762-04 it says:
The document or patch you are attempting to access is available to
contract customers only.

greetings

Oliver Schweissgut