[Fwd: Bug on Solaris 8 ?]

Craig A. Betts craig.betts at dfrc.nasa.gov
Mon Jul 28 21:48:46 CEST 2003

Olivier Fourdan wrote:
> Hi Benny,
>
> On Mon, 2003-07-28 at 20:43, Benedikt Meurer wrote:
>
>>This is our Solaris workstation at work. I think I found the problem:
>>I changed the Xsun configuration to run at 24Bit PseudoColor instead
>>of 8Bit, and that seems to cause problems with SunPCI. I already told
>>Oliver to test it with CDE at 24Bit (I won't be at work before the
>>weekend).
>

> As long as we know the root cause and a workarround it's fine. For me,
> it looks like a driver problem...
>

>>BTW: xfdesktop does not run with Xsun at 8Bit. It reports problems
>>with depth of root window != depth of pixmap.
>

> I guess it's a somehow minor problem, nothing that should stop the final
> release... And that's probably gtk that's complaining.
>

>>I'm very busy currently,
>>so I won't be able to work much on XFce during the next 3 months.
>

> Humm, we'll miss you :)
>
> Cheers,

Interesting...I have been running SunPCI (Version 2.3.2) on my Ultra 10
Creator-3D at 24 bit with absolutely no problems.  I know the SunPCI
software has some weird hooks in Xsun.  Check for the latest software
for your SunPCI card (I am assuming it is a SunPCI 1).

--
Craig A. Betts
IT Security Design Engineer