[Fwd: Bug on Solaris 8 ?]

Olivier Fourdan fourdan at xfce.org
Mon Jul 28 20:57:26 CEST 2003

Hi Benny,

On Mon, 2003-07-28 at 20:43, Benedikt Meurer wrote:
> This is our Solaris workstation at work. I think I found the problem:
> I changed the Xsun configuration to run at 24Bit PseudoColor instead
> of 8Bit, and that seems to cause problems with SunPCI. I already told
> Oliver to test it with CDE at 24Bit (I won't be at work before the
> weekend).

As long as we know the root cause and a workarround it's fine. For me,
it looks like a driver problem...

> BTW: xfdesktop does not run with Xsun at 8Bit. It reports problems
> with depth of root window != depth of pixmap.

I guess it's a somehow minor problem, nothing that should stop the final
release... And that's probably gtk that's complaining.

> I'm very busy currently,
> so I won't be able to work much on XFce during the next 3 months.

Humm, we'll miss you :)

Olivier Fourdan - fourdan at xfce.org

   Interoperability is the keyword, uniformity is a dead end.
   http://www.xfce.org