Window Borders

Ric fhj52ads at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 28 02:55:47 CEST 2003

Hey:

I had the same question and got: No, not unless the application itself can
tell the window manager not to draw a title/border(e.g., gkrellm  can do that
).

HTH

--- Nate Cole <cole_n_g at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> I have been using Xfce for a very long time and just updated to
> xfce4-rc2.  First I want to say - excellent work everyone!
> This is prolly the best alternative to KDE/Gnome bloat I've
> seen!
>
> Now for a question: In Xfce 3 I could, say, make all windows
> with a certain title have no border.  Can I do the same in
> Xfce4?  Unfortunately I reinstalled from Redhat to Slack and I
> lost the configuration setting/file this was previously set.

It's in the FAQs at the XFce home page, FAQ 6:
http://www.xfce.org/en/documentation.html#faq

> BTW, the reason I am looking for this is I use aterm as the
> terminal which supports a transparent background, and I like to
> have borderless windows with it.

That's amazing. I did/do exactly the same thing for logs that I run all the
time.
Those borderless & even scrollbar-less windows are pretty cool w/ transparent
bg. :)

I think the only option at this time is to use eterm.  I have not tried it yet
as eterm, well, it's eterm, WCIS? :)

> Thanks,
>
> Nate

=====
Have A Great Day!

Ric
***
Thought for today:
Software is like sex: it's better when it's free.