xfrun buglet...

Matthew Weier OPhinney matthew-lists at weierophinney.net
Thu Jul 24 16:38:38 CEST 2003

I like xfrun4, and use it often (particularly when trying out new apps
or home-made scripts that I don't want to throw into my panel or
deskmenu). I particularly like how it pops up at the mouse cursor
position.

EXCEPT... when the mouse cursor position is over or near a panel (be it
xfce, or gkrellm -- it doesn't appear to be the case with the taskbar).
Since panel apps remain on top, it means that they obscure xfrun4's
dialog.

What's stranger is that I've even set up workspace margins to ensure
that new windows *shouldn't* have a window edge that would go into that
area.

And yet it does, consistently. Personally, I consider this a bit of a
bug.

What I'd like to see: xfrun4 snaps to the panel edge if it would
otherwise appear beneath it.

I can provide screenshots, if necessary. Last observed behaviour is with
rc2.

--
Matthew Weier O'Phinney
http://weierophinney.net/matthew/