Defaults

edscott wilson garcia edscott at imp.mx
Wed Jul 23 17:45:44 CEST 2003

El mar, 22-07-2003 a las 23:54, BluPhoenyx escribió:
> On Tue, 22 Jul 2003 20:16:39 -0700 (PDT)
> Kiran Kumar <immidi_kiran at yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >   This is my first post to this list, and I have been
> > an xfce user for just a couple of weeks. I, would
> > second this opinion, that it should be configurable.
> > Particularly, because not all mouses have 3 buttons.
>
> While I agree with the configure option, the mouse button issue is rather moot for most users as X can easily simulate 3 buttons via a mouse option. I use this feature on my Toshiba which has two standard buttons (and two scroll buttons.)
>
> In the XConfig86 (-4) file add the following line to the mouse section.
>
> Option  "Emulate3Buttons" "yes"

It doesn't always do the trick. In FreeBSD, the moused daemon (simile of
gpm on linux) only is useful with two buttons if you swap button 2 for
3, leaving the button ids as 1 and 2. On running X with the "sysmouse",
the emulate3buttons option no longer works. But if you consider that
button3 is used almost always for popups, and your keyboard probably has
a non used button with a popup menu on it, logic dictates that you
should be able to use that key to replace button3. This option is
working in xffm but is only active if your xf86config file specifies
your keyboard as pc105 (or similar).

regards,

Edscott