Defaults

Joe Klemmer klemmerj at webtrek.com
Wed Jul 23 13:39:48 CEST 2003

On Tue, 2003-07-22 at 18:12, Koblinger Egmont wrote:

> There's an icon for gvim, the arrow next to it brings other editors.
> There's an icon for mozilla, the arrow next to it brings other network
> software.
> There's a paint icon for gimp, the arrow next to it offers xmms and
> mplayer. It isn't too logical.

	This is just a default setting and has nothing to do with what ends up
in the menus.  Mine don't look anything like the default.

> The arrow next to mozilla offers dillo. I've tried this browser a few
> months ago, and even though it's fast and small, it mishandles all
> non-latin-1 charsets, at it's based on the old&shit gtk1. Shouldn't we
> offer gtk2 based browsers such as mozilla, galeon, epiphany? IMHO even
> 'links -g' is far better than dillo.

<side rant>
	Dillo rocks!  It's the best and fastest browser for reading
documentation or dealing with simple web sites like those made by
system/network monitoring tools.  It would be good if it could handle
more character sets but as for the gtk1/gtk2 stuff...  Bah!  GTK, Qt,
xyzpdq...  they all look the same.
</side rant>

--
Paradise; can it be all I heard it was?
I close my eyes and maybe I'm already there.