Defaults

Ric fhj52ads at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 23 11:47:50 CEST 2003

--- Moritz Heiber <moe at lunar-linux.org> wrote:
> > The arrow next to mozilla offers dillo. I've tried this browser a few
> > months ago, and even though it's fast and small, it mishandles all
> > non-latin-1 charsets, at it's based on the old&shit gtk1. Shouldn't we
> > offer gtk2 based browsers such as mozilla, galeon, epiphany? IMHO even
> > 'links -g' is far better than dillo.
>
> I wouldn't even think about using Mozilla or galeon (/me is laughing)
> for like browsing documentation. dillo is small and incredibly fast and
> if you'd rather like to view the docs slow and bloated go and set
> $BROWSER to something that fits your needs.
>
> Bye,
>
> Moe

Funny, I never even heard of dillo until I got beta1. So, because they put it
in there I gave it a shot.  It works good enuf.
I have looked for a decent browser for local stuff for a while. I have tried
quite a few but dillo seems to have the development at the right stage.  I
wish it was a little more stable but it opens the HTML docs _now_ and I like
that.
Maybe putting "Fast Document Browser" as a tool tip would keep it in the
release defaults. It is not really a good web browser, yet, but it is staying
on this system anyway for all the docs that are local.

=====
Have A Great Day!

Ric
***
Thought for today:
The price of freedom is responsibility, but it's a bargain, because freedom is priceless.
~ Hugh Downs