[OT]Re: XFce's way

Ric fhj52ads at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 22 00:16:50 CEST 2003

Hey Joe:
I hope you do not mind that I attached the [OT] to this as it really has
nothing
to do with XFce's way.
--- Joe Klemmer <klemmerj at webtrek.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 2003-07-18 at 13:38, gardnerj at provide.net wrote:
>
> > Nothing's quite as snappy as the computer I
> > built and my wife took when she left,
>
> 	Heh, you too, huh?  I was able to keep most of the computers but she
> took most of the money and all the furniture & anything else she
> wanted.  Moved out on my birthday.  Came home and, well, you get the
> idea.
>
> --
> Joe Klemmer <klemmerj at webtrek.com>

We were separated at the time, living in different states, but mine came in
when I was on a business trip and took anything she wanted and could fit in
the trailer that her (new) boyfriend rented for her. I found that out later;
he also helped her move the stuff out.  When I came home, the house only had
the big and heavy items left in it(and my clothes...).  She did not even leave
a note "hey, I took ...".
She also took my dog, a pure bred English Setter(Lady Buffet Crocket,
"Buffy").  Which, BTW, she later made so D! neurotic that she to had to have
it put to sleep(it was scratching itself to death according to her).
In retrospect, it was a very long time ago, I am thankful she took the stuff
that way (and ended any chance of "us") 'cause I have to wonder if I would
have met the same fate as Buffy...

It gets better.
Years later, we had never finalized the divorce - long story, she telephoned
me while I was in Nebraska finishing my EE & Math degrees and told me that she
wanted to have a baby.  The ol' clock was making a lot of noise, iguess.  I
was pretty busy that night as I had 3 exams the next day and just said
'Okay...' . ( Really, i did not know what to say to that - I had not even
talked to her in over a year. )  And then she said, " I want you to be the
father. ".

I nearly fell out of my chair. :-)

Personally, I blame the marriage "contract", not her.  She was fine before it
and fine
after it(we became "friends" again after the divorce was final).  Also, none
of my
post-marriage-experience partners have been like that -all relatively sane and

absolutely fair during the splitup.

=====
Have A Great Day!

Ric
***
Thought for today:
The price of freedom is responsibility, but it's a bargain, because freedom is priceless.
~ Hugh Downs