xfce4-session & XEmacs

Ric fhj52ads at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 18 22:15:05 CEST 2003

Hey:

I looks like previous xemacs processes are not getting closed (properly) by
XFce xfsm. Maybe that is the reason there is trouble.

Today, I removed Autostart and let xfsm do its thing.  (Autostart is a crutch
anyway...)
The first login, xemacs was running normally and on the correct ws. I logged
out and xemacs was spinning the cpu again -apparently hung according to
gkrellm.  I logged out and at login found the same situation, except this time
I noticed that there were three(3) xemacs processes. Two of them correlated in
time with the other sessions and those were the two spinning the CPU.

The problem is most apparent if I do _not_ save the session at logout ->
previous xemacs processes are still running. I logged out, saving the session,
and at login had the same 2 bad xemacs processes running + one that appears
ok.   I tried it one more time _not_ saving the session and had 4 xemacs, 3
spinning the CPUs(180% of 200(dual cpus)).

=====
Have A Great Day!

Ric
***
Thought for today:
Do not take yourself too seriously.  Nobody else does. ;)