bwaaaaaaaaaaaahahahaha!

Joe Klemmer klemmerj at webtrek.com
Fri Jul 18 19:03:23 CEST 2003

On Sat, 2003-07-12 at 16:53, Benedikt Meurer wrote:

> Don't get me wrong. During the time I've been with XFce, Olivier was
> nearly always right in his decisions, and if he wasn't, we simply
> accepted his decision, because we know he's the leader and he's the
> one that founded this project, and so we respect his decision. But
> this is a point to think about, since e.g. Linux is a very popular
> example that suffers from this kind of leadership.

	I agree that a small, core team is a Good Thing<tm> but I'm curious
about your last remark.  In what way has Linux "suffered" from the
implied benevolent dictatorship model?  And, FWLIW, the core kernel
really isn't quite as dictatorial as it may appear.

--
Joe Klemmer <klemmerj at webtrek.com>
Unix System/Network Administrator & Ad Hoc Programmer