From the ashes

Biju Chacko biju_chacko at vsnl.net
Thu Jul 17 15:28:23 CEST 2003

On Thu, 17 Jul 2003 08:48:57 -0400 (EDT), Joe Klemmer wrote:

> 	I am back online.  I'm sorry about the interview but I lost my
> 'Net connection for a few days there.  Seems the cable company gets a
> little cranky if you don't pay them for a while.

Damn unreasonable of them! :)

> 	Anyway, I would still like to try and get this.  Botsie sent me
> the transcript of the irc you guys did even without me.  Thanks Botsie
> and thanks to everyone who participated.  My plan is to go through it
> and use it as a starting point.  If it needs more filling out I'll try
> and do it by email.

Thats cool, feel free to mail.

> 	Olivier, I have been in contact with the LWN staff and they
> suggested a history of Xfce ending in a rundown of the new version.
> If I could trouble you for some details on it, I'm a bit fuzzy on the
> time frame and some of the pre 1.x stuff.  If you have any of the
> things you made for ALS '99 when you gave your talk that would be
> good, too.

Shall I suggest then that we put up the interview on xfce.org and then
submit the link to various news sites?

I can help with this, if you want. I am a fairly good writer/editor.

> Again, I'm very sorry about missing the gathering.  Please
> forgive me.

As the guys on 'The Sopranos' would say, "fuggedabaddit!".

-- b