N00b Questions

Ric fhj52ads at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 17 06:27:55 CEST 2003

Hey,
just for future reference on Mandrake systems the msec will go into and change
an executable to non-executable if it does not like where it is(fit into the
Mandrake Security profile).
That's the kind of stuff that drives one crazy if you do not know about. I did
not for a long time so I blame MDK for me being nuts. :)

BTW, the immutable bit fixes that... preserves the rest of the little
remaining sanity.

--- Biju Chacko <biju_chacko at vsnl.net> wrote:
> On Wed, 16 Jul 2003 09:31:04 -0600, The Matt wrote:
>
> > Sigh.  No.  Man, 7 years with Linux and it's the stupid things that
> > get you.
>
> What the hell are you calling yourself a newbie for, then? I nearly
> explained how to use 'chmod'. :-)
>
> > While I'm here, can I add xgamma commands to this file, or is there a
> > better place?
>
> This would be a good place.

> > > No IMAP support IIRC.
> >
> > OK, I can still use gkrellm.
>
> Or just send patches. :-)
>
> -- b
>
> --

=====
Have A Great Day!

Ric
***
Thought for today:
Do not take yourself too seriously.  Nobody else does. ;)