Bug in xfce4-rc1

Ric fhj52ads at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 17 06:16:46 CEST 2003

Hi Mike:

Just to update.  Using or not using imwheel has no affect for the wheel.
However, without the imwheel the side buttons go dead in the other DEs and
aps.
The wheel (and side buttons when imwheel is running) appear to work everywhere
but in XFce v4. The "everywhere" is a few aps I just tried in IceWM, Gnome 2,
KDE 3, Blackbox,...

I have run so many diff configs and DE's in the last month, i dunno, maybe it
is just me. Maybe it works but I just think it does not. :-)   I don't think
the page scrolls but then again I could have sworn that I could double click
on the XFce clock and get the xfce calendar too....

Thanks for trying to help. Maybe I'll find out what it is in XFce v4 that
stops the wheel from scrolling one day soon but for now, I think I'll just
take a break & use something else where
(I think) it does work.

--- BluPhoenyx <quazar at dcnet2000.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 16 Jul 2003 13:50:42 -0700 (PDT)
> Ric <fhj52ads at yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > Hmm, what kind of 'problems' ?
> > I ask because I am using:
> > Section "InputDevice"
> >     Identifier "Belkin 5 Button & Wheel Optical Mouse"
> >     Driver "mouse"
> >     Option "Protocol" "ExplorerPS/2"
> >     Option "Device" "/dev/psaux"
> >     Option "Buttons" "7"
> >     Option "ZAxisMapping" "6 7"
> >
> > and " imwheel " but the wheel does not work at all in XFce (3 or 4).
> >  Of
> > course it does work
> > in other DE's but ithink there might be a setting I am missing or a
> > default that needs to be adjusted.  (BTW, that Belkin 7 button
> > optical -no cleaning the ball- mouse cost 5USD!)
> > fyi: gpm is not running.
> > Any ideas on why the wheel stops working in XFce?
>
> I think you don't need imwheel when using the xserver mouse features. AFAIK,
> they interfere. I quit using imwheel way back when and have not needed it
> since. Also, many systems use the wheel automatically which may be the
> reason it seems to work on other systems.
>
> FWIW, the Belkin mice have worked for me with the IMPS/2 protocol.
>
> Mike T.

=====
Have A Great Day!

Ric
***
Thought for today:
Do not take yourself too seriously.  Nobody else does. ;)