Bug in xfce4-rc1

BluPhoenyx quazar at dcnet2000.com
Wed Jul 16 23:10:06 CEST 2003

On Wed, 16 Jul 2003 13:50:42 -0700 (PDT)
Ric <fhj52ads at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hmm, what kind of 'problems' ?
> I ask because I am using:
> Section "InputDevice"
>     Identifier "Belkin 5 Button & Wheel Optical Mouse"
>     Driver "mouse"
>     Option "Protocol" "ExplorerPS/2"
>     Option "Device" "/dev/psaux"
>     Option "Buttons" "7"
>     Option "ZAxisMapping" "6 7"
>
> and " imwheel " but the wheel does not work at all in XFce (3 or 4).
>  Of
> course it does work
> in other DE's but ithink there might be a setting I am missing or a
> default that needs to be adjusted.  (BTW, that Belkin 7 button
> optical -no cleaning the ball- mouse cost 5USD!)
> fyi: gpm is not running.
> Any ideas on why the wheel stops working in XFce?

I think you don't need imwheel when using the xserver mouse features. AFAIK, they interfere. I quit using imwheel way back when and have not needed it since. Also, many systems use the wheel automatically which may be the reason it seems to work on other systems.

FWIW, the Belkin mice have worked for me with the IMPS/2 protocol.

Mike T.