Bug in xfce4-rc1

Ric fhj52ads at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 16 22:50:42 CEST 2003

Hey:
--- Olivier Fourdan <fourdan at xfce.org> wrote:
> On Wed, 2003-07-16 at 21:52, BluPhoenyx wrote:
> > On Wed, 16 Jul 2003 11:10:11 +0200
> > Is this an IntelliMouse model? (Applies to trackballs and some mice.)
> > You might try using the other PS/2 driver. Protocol IMPS/2
>
> Oh yeah! Well spotted, It's what I use all the time. I had problems with
> regular PS/2 driver with wheelmice...
>
> Cheers,
> --
> Interoperability is the keyword, uniformity is a dead end.
> http://www.xfce.org

Hmm, what kind of 'problems' ?
I ask because I am using:
Section "InputDevice"
    Identifier "Belkin 5 Button & Wheel Optical Mouse"
    Driver "mouse"
    Option "Protocol" "ExplorerPS/2"
    Option "Device" "/dev/psaux"
    Option "Buttons" "7"
    Option "ZAxisMapping" "6 7"

and " imwheel " but the wheel does not work at all in XFce (3 or 4).  Of
course it does work
in other DE's but ithink there might be a setting I am missing or a default
that needs to be adjusted.  (BTW, that Belkin 7 button optical -no cleaning
the ball- mouse cost 5USD!)
fyi: gpm is not running.
Any ideas on why the wheel stops working in XFce?

=====
Have A Great Day!

Ric
***
Thought for today:
Do not take yourself too seriously.  Nobody else does. ;)