xffm acting strange

edscott wilson garcia edscott at imp.mx
Sun Jul 13 15:36:27 CEST 2003

On Sat, 2003-07-12 at 21:27, prophet wrote:
> Hi,
>
> So here's the deal...
>
> If I have none of the variables set for xffm it starts fine from both a
> terminal and from the xfce4 panel.
>
> If I set some of the variables for xffm it starts fine from the
> terminal but seg faults from the xfce4 panel.
> Also, this problem isn't really bug, but more of a request.
> It would be nice when using the double pane of xffm that when I am in
> one panel and select the up arrow on the menu (or any of the buttons on
> the menu) that it would only affect the pane I have currently selected
> and not both.  That way I can easily manipulate and move around stuff
> within my file system.

Both treeviews are but alternate views of the same treemodel. If they
were independent, resource demand would be much higher. I sometimes use
the fstab branch to navigate someplace else but there might be a better
way. The only consideration we have to make on implementing any changes
is that whatever is present on the left, will also be on the right. The
only difference is that the expand/contract state or the visible columns
may differ. 4.2 is open to suggestions.

> Anyways... If you need any more info on the crash let me know. :)

Cannot reproduce it here. Please send us a traceback to figure it out.

regards

Edscott