xfce4-mixer updated

Danny danny.milo at gmx.net
Sat Jul 12 14:40:38 CEST 2003

Hi!

Am Sam, 2003-07-12 um 14.22 schrieb Olivier Fourdan:
> [...]
> Danny,
>
> I've removed the "map" callback along with the size stuff. It looked
> like a hack to me. If you really want that functionnality, we need to
> come with a better implementation (not that yours was bad, but I think
> we can do better, we don't just have the time now, because of the
> release schedule)

heh, okay. I got this implementation from the gtk+ guys though. Anyways,
if you say so...

I will clean it up and put it into a seperate function after 4.0... if
neccessary, I'll just #if the gtk 2.2 and for 2.0 do nothing in the
function, or so... dunno.

As for "if you really want that functionality":

If I add the mixer plugin to the panel on my comp and click on it
without changing any properties, I get a window so big that I cant even
see the borders, and that looks baaaad... (and I have a *high*
resolution, cant even think how ugly that would look with 1024x768 or
lower)

That was the original reason I went out of my way asking them how to
implement it so that the window scales 'as big as possible' but 'without
leaving empty space in the window'.

hmm :)